"Never again will one generation of veterans abandon another."
Founded in 1978, Vietnam Veterans of America is the only national Vietnam Veterans organization congressionally chartered and exclusively dedicated to Vietnam-era Veterans and their families. VVA is organized as a not-for-profit corporation and is tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(19) of the Internal Revenue Service Code.
VVA's goals are to promote and support the full range of issues important to Vietnam Veterans, to create a new identity for this generation of veterans, and to change public perception of Vietnam Veterans.
- Over 50,000 individual members
- 46 state councils
- 630 Local chapters
- Aggressively advocate on issues important to Veterans
- Seek full access to quality health care for Veterans
- Identify the full range of disabling injuries and illnesses incurred during military service
- Hold government agencies accountable for following laws mandating Veterans Health Care
- Create a positive public perception of Vietnam Veterans
- Seek the fullest possible accounting of America's POW/MIAs
- Support the next generation of America's War Veterans
- Serve our communities